So next you will receive a reply stating that:
- They have received your email or letter.
- And/or confirm they have added your Notice of Correction, and when it will appear on your file.
- After your Notice of Correction is in place, it’s still worth checking your free Credit Reports.
- IT COSTS nothing
- If you are, or become a victim of Identity Theft you are advised to consider CIFAS Protective Registration. CIFAS Protective Registration, costs £25 for 2 years. Not all lenders who carry out credit checks are CIFAS members. This means they wont be aware of your Protective Registration. However a Notice of Correction costing nothing and lasting for life reaches of all those lenders.
- It’s got to be better than a Credit Reference Agency telling you someone has applied for credit in your name which work on the principle of “after the horse has bolted”